Thursday 16 December 2010

Chimp Spanner goes live! Kinda. Next year. Hopefully.

Well it's been a long time since I updated this thing. The Winds of Plague tour with Monuments was absolutely killer, and has given me some invaluable live experience not to mention some extreme fun-times! The new album is progressing slowly, but with a new POD to tinker with, no doubt inspiration will strike eventually.

In the meantime, however, I'm going to want to be playing a few select shows next year. Perhaps one or two UK tours, and eventually (if I can get enough of you guys behind me) some dates in Europe and perhaps even the States. However, I'm getting ahead of myself as first of all I need...

...a drummer! I'm not looking at doing show after show after show. It's the kind of set that will need a certain audience, playing with certain bands. So the aim, at least initially, is to do fewer better shows, rather than a ton of not so good ones.

As some of you might know I'm based in Colchester, so 2-3 hours travel time would be ideal.

So, what I will do is after the weekend, I'm going to release two drum-less tracks (with metronome) from the album. If you need the original full songs, please get in touch with me using the Contact link and I can send you the tracks privately.

In the meantime, if you have a YouTube account showcasing your drumming, please send these to me! You can either use the contact form, or post it on my wall at www.facebook.com/chimpspanner

I think that's it for now. More news after the weekend!x

No comments:

Post a Comment